New Delhi: Whether it's about the perfect story, screenplay, star cast, music or best dialogues, 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' hits the list as it is considered as one of the best movies of Bollywood till date. Released on 28 November 2003, this epic movie completes 12 years today and still it's very much loved by the audience.
As 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' completes 12 years, we bring you some of the interesting facts about the movie which will cherish the sweet memories of this film.
- The movie which was shot beautifully in the New York City was not actually the first choice of the producer Karan Johar who wanted to shoot the movie in Toronto. The makers change their plan at the last moment due to ongoing SARS scare.
- Star cast plays an important role in any movie and so does the case with this movie also. The star cast of 'KHNH' was very much strong and they got all the love from the audience for their great performances. Although the role of Aman (Shah Rukh Khan) and Rohit (Saif Ali Khan) was decided from the beginning unlike the role of Naina.
- The role of 'Naina' was originally written by keeping Kareena Kapoor in mind but she demanded higher fees which eventually forced the makers for change. Later, this role was given to Preity Zinta and it was one of her best performances indeed.
- 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' producer Karan Johar compiled with international copyright laws and bought the license to the rights to Roy Orbison's 'Pretty Woman'. This was the first song in the movie and it was declared a hit among Indian audience.
- Originally role of Naina's mother was supposed to be played by Neetu Singh who was keen on her comeback, but the makers had something else in mind and finally they cast Jaya Bachchan for this important role.
- While the famous celebrity designer Manish Malhotra was busy creating some exclusive designs for the star cast in the movie, Preity Zinta too turned a designer and she personally stitched the doll clothes of her onscreen younger sister Gia.
- The famous fashion magazine V'ogue' also plays a little role in 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' as the magazine's editor, Anaita Shroff Adajania has done a cameo by appearing as Naina's classmate Geeta.
- The name of the movie 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' was itself became so famous but you know this movie was originally titled as 'Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna' but Karan Johar decided to save this title for his 2006 movie instead.
- This 'All Time Blockbuster' movie won two National Awards and seven Filmfare Awards.
Latest news from Entertainment News Desk