The guests who consumed food served in the 'sagai' function of Sudhir's son in the village complained of vomiting and diarrhea and were rushed to different hospitals and nursing homes, police said.

About 200 of them were discharged later in the night while 50 of them were still undergoing treatment in various hospitals but were stated to be out of danger, police said.

The district administration has termed the incident as that of food poisoning.

Meanwhile, District Magistrate K Dhanlaxmi has ordered an inquiry and constituted a team of health and food department officials in this connection to go into the details of the incident.

Latest News from Uttar Pradesh News Desk