Bokaro (Jharkhand): Three patients died of burns after a fire broke out in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of a private hospital at Bokaro in Jharkhand, hospital sources said on Saturday.

"A short circuit in the air-conditioner, which was installed in the ICU, caused the fire," Managing Director of K Memorial Hospital Dr Vikash Pandey said.

Eleven patients out of fourteen admitted in the ICU were rescued, while three died of burns, he said.

The fire was doused after an hour, he said.


Latest News from Jharkhand News desk