Berhampur (Odisha): At least 30 students of a primary school were taken ill after consuming mid-day meal at Purushottampur in Ganjam district on Friday, official sources said.
The students, belonging to Balaramapur school, complained of head reeling and started vomiting after taking the meal.
Soon they were taken to a local hospital.
"The condition of all the students is stable," Block Development Officer Anam Patra, who visited the hospital, said.

Most of them had since returned to their homes after being treated, he said.
The food was cooked for 128 students in the school. Other students, however, were not served the food following the sickness of the 30 students who were served first.
The BDO suspected that the food might have been poisoned with the fall of a lizard or any insect in it.


Latest News from State News Desk