Gurgaon: The Rapid Metro train is all set to reach the Golf Course in Sector 56 as the DMRC is extending a 7 km link between Sikanderpur and National Highway shortly. The work is undergoing at a higher pace for completion of the project on time.

This project will be India's first privately owned and operated metro.

The project was handed over to two companies -- ILFS and DLF -- after they became the highest bidders in the auction. ILFS has 74 percent equity while DLF has the remaining 26 percent.

The Rapid Metro project is expected to cost Rs 1,000 crore. Talking to reporters, IL&FS Rail Limited Executive Manager and CEO Sanjeev Rai said, “The work on first phase of 5 km long Sikanderpur-National Highway-8 rapid metro line is moving towards final stage. This includes Sikanderpur, Phase Two and Phase Three which mainly cover seven stations.”

In the second phase, seven stations will be built on Sikanderpur-Golf Course Sector 56 line which will cover entire Golf Course Road area within the range of the Rapid Metro. This would include stations at Sikanderpur, Sector 56, Golf Course, Phase 5, DT Cinema, Amalia and Magnolia.

Parking facility in Sector 56

In absence of a parking facility near Rapid Metro Gurgaon Limited, the Haryana government has been asked to provide parking facilities in Sector 56. In place of cars, shuttle and feeder buses service will also be started for corporate houses.

Rapid Metro Fare

The fare of the Rapid Metro train will be on the lines of the Delhi Metro. The commuters will also be able to travel on either of the Delhi Metro or Rapid Metro card.

(JPN/Bureau)