1. BJP chief Amit Shah, at a public meeting in Sikandarau tehsil of Hathras, said that the Uttar Pradesh government has done thing but made speeches.
2. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister challenged Shah to disclose details of the funds it had given to the state for farmers and called BJP most 'chalu'.
3. Akhilesh made the remark at an event where he distributed cheques to farmers who suffered crop loss due to unseasonal rains.
4. Asserting that the Samajwadi Party government was trying to help farmers, Yadav said it has given Rs 7 lakh to the kin of farmers who died due to shock after suffering crop loss.
5. The Chief Minister said as far as relief for farmers was concerned, the SP government has distributed Rs 2,000 crore.
6. Giving a beffiting reply to UP CM Shah said, "The UP Chief Minister is not a well-wisher of farmers. He only makes speeches. Farmers suffering due to hailstorm and untimely rains have not yet got their cheques."
7. Shah said he was informed by farmers of Hathras that 40 farmers had died in the district but the district magistrate and the tehsildar had cited different reasons for the deaths, while cheques of a paltry Rs 250 were sanctioned by 'Lekhpal' (revenue official).