The condition is alarming and that is why we need to keep a check on our health and take utmost measures to prevent ourselves from the virus. Read More: Swine flu test: Rate capped at Rs 4,500
Here are the facts you need to know about the swine flu disease:
1. Swine Influenza, commonly called as 'Swine flu' is a respiratory disease of pigs, but is highly communicable among humans because of the spread virus.
2. The disease is highly infectious and spreads apace from person to person, even through air.
3. People who are at high-risk include infants, young children, pregnant women, diabetic patient, weak heart patient and low immune system person.
4. Main symptoms of swine flu includes fever of more than 100 F, cough, nasal secretions, fatigue, muscle or joint pain and headache.
5. Vaccination is the best possible way to reduce the chances of getting infected with the flu.
6. Usage of mask can also prevent one from getting infected from the H1N1 virus as it mostly travels through air.
7. It's advisable by the doctors to stay more at home when the outbreak is too high. One should avoid visiting crowded places and using others' belongings.
8. Covering the face while coughing or sneezing, avoiding touching face or devices (mobile phones, laptop), eating healthy food and washing hands often are the other preventive measures.
9. Two antiviral medicines, Zanamivir (Relenza) and Oseltamivir (Tamiflu), are reportedly the best medicines to reduce the effects of swine flu if taken within 48 hours of the onset of symptoms.
10. Besides, government is sending special ayurvedic medicinal syrups to all states as part of its efforts to combat the influenza.
11. Delhi government has capped the rate of swine flu test at Rs 4,500 and has directed private labs not to overcharge patients.
The condition is alarming and that is why we need to keep a check on our health and take utmost measures to prevent ourselves from the virus.
Read More: Swine flu test: Rate capped at Rs 4,500