Here are 12 facts about Satnam Singh: Satnam Singh with Sachin Tendulkar (Twitter photo) Satnam with Akshay Kumar (Twitter photo)
1. Satnam Singh Bhamara was born on December 10, 1995 and he hails from a small village called 'Ballo Ke' near Ludhiana with just 700 inhabitants.
2. The 7 feet 2 inches, Satnam Singh Bhamra become the first Indian to make the NBA draft for Dallas Mavericks.
3. He is the first player since the NBA put age restrictions in place in 2005 to enter the league without first playing in college, a professional foreign league or the D-League.
4. Singh has represented the India national basketball team at the 2011 FIBA Asia Championship and the 2013 FIBA Asia Championship.
5. Satnam moved to Florida for training before making his presence felt in the NBA circuit.
6. Satnam was picked in the 52nd draft and second list of the NBA.
7. He came to the US in September 2010 as part of a scholarship program between IMG and Reliance.
8. He has been training in Florida for the last five years along with players of 39 countries on an initiative of US-based IMG Reliance Academy.
9. His favourite NBA player is Kobe Bryant.
10. He wears a size-22 basketball shoe. His father, Balbir Singh Bhamara, is 7 feet 2 inches tall and his grandmother is whopping 6 feet 9 inches tall.
11. He was selected as one of 29 students to spend three months at the IMG Academy in Florida, but once he got to Florida, they didn't want to let him go back to India.
12. He has never played basketball on any level even close to resembling the NBA. He's played high school basketball for four years and prep school basketball for one.
Here are 12 facts about Satnam Singh:
Satnam Singh with Sachin Tendulkar (Twitter photo)
Satnam with Akshay Kumar (Twitter photo)