Anil was here today for a press conference on the film along with John Abraham and Shruti Haasan, where he hinted at the 'obstacles' that the movie has faced.

On being prodded about the hindrances, he said, "It is a very important film for our producer. In fact, I would like to say a very emotional thing today... If 'Welcome Back' doesn't work, we might lose a good producer," added the 58-year-old.

According to reports that emerged earlier this year, Furqan Khan, the film's co-producer and owner of Swiss Entertainment Pvt Ltd, had issued a public notice against Nadiadwala for 'allegedly failing to reimburse the production budget of nearly Rs.48 crore'.

Anil stressed that 'Welcome Back' is indeed a crucial project for Nadiadwala, and so, while he has never asked the media to push his films, he is making an exception for this movie, which is releasing on September 4. "Please urge people to watch it," Anil said.

'Welcome Back', directed by Anees Bazmee, is the sequel of the 2007 entertainer 'Welcome'. It also stars Nana Patekar, Paresh Rawal, Shruti Haasan, Naseeruddin Shah and Shiney Ahuja.


Latest news from Entertainment News Desk