However according to reports on Tuesday Chinese troops entered 25 to 30 km deep into Indian territory in Burtse area in Ladakh where they had pitched their tents last year that had led to a tense three-week standoff.

As per the official sources, a patrol of Indian troops noticed the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) personnel on Monday while moving from their base towards the higher ‘New Patrol base’ post in Burtse area of North Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir. The area is at an altitude of 17,000 feet.

The sources further said the troops after walking barely 1.5 km from their base spotted the Chinese personnel in Indian territory 25 to 30 km from the perceived Line of Actual Control (LAC).

Adhering to newly drafted Standard Operating Procedures, the Indian troops returned back to their base.

The troops went on a patrol again to the ‘New Patrol base’ post in the wee hours on Tuesday.

However, the team found no change in the situation as it noticed the PLA personnel still sitting on the ground with flags reading ‘this is Chinese territory, go back’ in their hands.

Meanwhile, Udhampur-based Army Spokesperson Col SD Goswami denied that any such incident had taken place but said there was no commonly delineated LAC between India and China which led to transgressions.

Latest News from India News Desk