Mumbai: Two more terror suspects, who are the associates of the gang of trio which had on Monday exchanged fire with ATS in Aurangabad, were arrested from Maharashtra's Buldhana district, police said on Tuesday.

"Two more terror suspects Akheel Khilji and Mohammed Jafar were arrested from their hideout in Buldhana district," a police official said.

The ATS had on Monday apprehended a fugitive suspect in 2008 Ahmedabad blasts that claimed 56 lives after gunning down his accomplice in an encounter in Aurangabad.

 ATS officials had killed terror suspect Khaleel Qureshi (20) and nabbed two of his aides Mohammed Abrar Babu Khan (32), who is suspected to be involved in Ahmedabad blasts and Mohammed Shakeer (32) after an exchange of fire in Aurangabad.

ATS head constable Aarif Shaikh Ismail was also injured in his left shoulder during the encounter, police had said.

Khilji and Jafar are associates of the same gang of the trio which had fired at ATS officials on Monday, they said.

The group, according to police, had carried out a spate of bank robberies in Madhya Pradesh and used the money for terror funding. It was planning to create a base in Maharashtra, sources said.

According to police, Abrar was in contact with the home-grown terror outfit Indian Mujahiddin (IM) through one of its key operatives Abdul Subhan Qureshi alias Tauqueer, who is wanted in several cases.

The gang, earlier headed by Abu Faizal, a former member of the banned Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), had also reportedly plotted to eliminate the judges of Allahabad High Court who had pronounced the verdict in the Babri Masjid case, police said. Khilji (45) and Jafar (32), both residents of Khandwa in Madhya Pradesh, were arrested from Pimpalgaon village in Chikhli town near Buldana, officials said.

They used to live in the house of one Karim Khan as tenant since the last three months, they said.
Khilji is the father of Khalil Qureshi who was yesterday gunned down by ATS in an encounter in Aurangabad, whereas Jafar is the brother of Mohammad Khan who was apprehended by the ATS on Monday from Aurangabad, the officials said.

The duo was shifted to Nagpur where they will be produced before an ATS court.