Shanghai: The Bahrain Grand Prix is "200 percent" on, Formula One chief Bernie Ecclestone said on Friday after a brief meeting with team bosses in Shanghai.

Ecclestone, the flamboyant commercial rights holder, held a 30-minute meeting with the teams, just hours after the world governing body said the Bahrain race next week would go ahead despite demonstrations and violence in the Gulf state.

Asked if the teams were happy to go to Bahrain and the race on April 22 was definitely on, he said: "Two hundred percent."

Ecclestone added: "Everybody's happy. You guys are happy."

Asked if he had any concerns about going, he said: "Not at all. It's a 'problem' which has been discussed by the media, who have no idea what is going on.

"This race is on the calendar and has been on the calendar for quite a long time. We will be there. All the teams are happy to be there.

"I know people who live there and it's all very quiet and peaceful."

The FIA (Federation Internationale de l'Automobile) earlier said safety concerns had been addressed following year-long protests which caused the race to be called off last season.