A division bench of Chief Justice G Rohini and Justice R S Endlaw posted the two public interest litigations (PILs) for revocation of the ban on the documentary's telecast for April 15.

"Place before this court the advisory issued on March 3 by the ministry of information and broadcasting," said the bench.

The government, earlier in March, had asked video sharing website YouTube to remove the controversial BBC documentary on Delhi gangrape, saying that it is a very sensitive matter.

Despite the Indian Government's protest, BBC went ahead and released the documentary on Wednesday night in the UK and also uploaded it on the YouTube.

According to sources, Communications and IT Ministry has told Youtube that the issue is very sensitive and it should review its position on the matter, and remove it from the website.

Latest News from India News Desk