However, the BBC site says "BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only".

The Home Ministry on Wednesday said orders were obtained from court to restrain the broadcast of the documentary.

However, A Delhi court on Wednesday said that the ban will on the documentary will continue till further orderd.

Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Sanjay Khanagwal said this after the Delhi Police placed on record the order passed by a metropolitan magistrate yesterday which had restrained media from publishing, broadcasting, telecasting or uploading the interview on the internet.

"Investigating officer (IO) of the case has moved an application for intimation submitting that on March 3, 2015, an application for preventing the media/internet from publishing/transmitting/telecasting/uploading the interview of one of the convicts of the Nirbhaya gangrape case was made before the duty metropolitan magistrate who has already been pleased to pass a restrain order till further orders," the court noted in its order.

"Order dated March 3, 2015 of the duty metropolitan magistrate Puneet Pahwa perused. Be kept on record," it said.

The police, in its application filed before the court on Wednesday, had said that Mukesh Singh, the driver of the bus in which the 23-year-old paramedical student was brutally gangraped by six persons on December 16, 2012, has made insulting, malicious and derogatory statements about women.

They said if the interview is telecast, it might lead to widespread public outcry and serious law and order problem as had happened in the aftermath of the gangrape case.

The documentary "India's daughter" by British filmmaker Leslee Udwin has kicked up a storm over the interview of one of the six men who raped the 23-year-old trainee physiotherapist on December 16, 2012 on board a moving bus in Delhi. She later died in a Singaporre hospital where she had been airlifted for specialised treatment.

Latest News from India News Desk