Bhimnagar (UP): A 3-year-old boy died while five members of a family were taken ill after consuming tea in Bahjoi area of the district on Saturday.

Bhup Singh and his family members complained of nausea after consuming the tea, suspected to be toxic, in Khajra Khakam village on Saturday morning, Superintendent of Police Tehsildar Singh said.

They were rushed to a private hospital where Singh's son Sanjeev died during treatment.

Singh, Prema Devi, Daanwati, Pushpa Devi and Vimlesh Kumar were undergoing treatment and their condition was stated to be stable, the SP said.