On his birth anniversary, let us know his less known facts: Jagran Post wishes Anna a very Happy Birthday!
* Once a soldier in the Indian Army, Anna's real name is Kisan Baburao Hazare. He has served the country in the Indo-Pak war held in 1965.
* Born in Bhingar near Ahmednagar district of Maharasthra, Anna is the eldest among his six siblings. Much later, he adopted the name 'Anna', which means 'elder person' in Marathi.
* Facing financial problem, Anna once in his life had sold flowers at the Dadar railway station in Mumbai.
* He helped build a poverty-stricken and deprived village named Ralegaon Siddhi in Ahmednagar district of Maharasthra with the gratuity amount received from his Army service. Now, it is counted among the richest villages in the country.
* Anna was awarded Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri for his significant contribution towards society.
* He has taken part in many activities or movements like Lokpal Bill movement, Bhrashtachar Virodhi Jan Andolan, Right to Information movement, to name a few.
* Hazare is still unmarried and has spent most of his life in a small room nearby Sant Yadavbaba temple in Ralegan Siddhi.
On his birth anniversary, let us know his less known facts:
Jagran Post wishes Anna a very Happy Birthday!