New Delhi: The probe into the multiple blasts in Bodh Gaya was on Tuesday night handed over to the National Investigation Agency (NIA) by the Centre following a request from Bihar government.
The Ministry of Home Affairs has notified that the investigations in the July 7 serial blasts case stand transferred to NIA from Bihar Police, Home Ministry officials said.

READ MORE: Shinde to visit Bodh Gaya today
A team of NIA had reached Bodh Gaya on Sunday evening, hours after the temple town was hit by the terror attack, and had been assisting the Bihar Police in the investigation.

Bodh Gaya Blasts (in pics)

Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had asked the Centre to hand over the investigation into the blasts to NIA.

Investigators detain four people

Investigators probing the serial blasts in and around Bodh Gaya temple on Tuesday detained four people including a woman for suspicious movement and were being questioned while the CCTV footage of the terror attack has not thrown up any leads.

READ MORE: Bodh Gaya blasts: BJP slams UPA for failing to tackle terror
Two days after the 10 multiple coordinated explosions, the four people were picked up by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in Patna after police claimed they had checked out of a hotel near the Mahabodhi temple complex at about 6.30 am, just about two hours after they checked in on the day of the attack. No arrests have been made in the case yet.

A police officer said the four people were picked up in the Bihar capital and being questioned at an unknown location there. The  identities of the four were immediately not known.
Police said that Binod Kumar Mistri, who has been detained by the NIA on the basis of his voter I-card found inside the temple during search after the Sunday explosions, continued to remain under custody. Police, however, were not able to ascertain his role, if any, in the attack on Buddhism's holiest shrine.

CRPF, BMP to guard Bodh Gaya temple

Meanwhile, CRPF and Bihar Military Police (BMP) have taken over charge of the security at historic Bodh Gaya temple even as the person detained on the basis of his voter card continues to remain under NIA custody on Tuesday.
A meeting was called by Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee (BTMC) in which top district police and civil officials and heads of various monasteries participated to discuss better implementation of security arrangements after the serial blasts that left two monks injured.
Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee(BTMC) member Arvind Singh said that CRPF and Bihar Military Police (BMP) have taken over charge of security at the historic temple. BTMC private security guards are assisting them inside the temple.

Latest News from India News Desk