New Delhi: Serial explosions inside and outside Mahabodhi temple in Bihar were a terror attack, the Home Ministry said on Sunday as it sent NIA and NSG teams for post-blasts investigations.

Nine blasts rock Mahabodhi Temple complex

"It was a terror attack," Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami said.

He, however, said so far no group has claimed responsibility for the multiple blasts and investigations were on. Goswami said four blasts took place inside the temple complex while four occurred outside it.

The Home Secretary said teams from National Investigation Agency and National Security Guard comprising explosive experts were sent to Bihar to assist police in post-blasts investigation.

Goswami said, "The temple complex structure hasn't suffered any damage. The monastry and the statue of Lord Buddha are also safe."


Latest News from India News Desk