New Delhi (Agencies): The hugely awaited concert by 'Summer of 69' star Bryan Adams may get scrapped as the organizers of the concert are yet to  get a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Delhi  police. With just a day to go and tickets sold beyond the capacity of the venue it will be a huge disappointment for his numerous fans if the concert gets scrapped.

"As of now we have not issued an NOC to the event organisers to conduct the event. We have rejected the application by the organisers," Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said on Monday.

Another officer of the Delhi Police licensing branch, which is authorised to give the NOC said, "We have stopped the NOC as the local police has informed us that the event organisers have sold tickets beyond the limit, so it would be difficult to manage the event."

The Delhi concert was scheduled to be held on Tuesday, Feb 15 at the NSIC Grounds, Okhla and Delhiites had already lapped up tickets for the concert.

When contacted, the organisers said the event would not be postponed.

Bryan Adams, who has to his name hits like "18 Till I Die" and "Summer of 69", has a large fan following in India and attracted huge crowds at his concerts at Pune and Mumbai. He is currently on a five-city tour of India.

The organisers will have to pull a few strings during the last minute so that the concert kicks-off smoothly. Hopefully, the organisers will be able to obtain the necessary permissions in time so that Delhiites can sing  'Lets make it a night to remember' in the literal sense of the song.