New Delhi (Agencies): A top official of CWG Organising Committee R K Sacheti was on Wednesday questioned by the CBI over his alleged involvement in financial irregularities in the conduct of mega sporting event.

CBI officials said that Sacheti, OC Joint Director General and an aide of Suresh Kalmadi, was called in this afternoon and quizzed for about two hours on contracts executed with private vendors and other matters connected to the Commonwealth Games held in October last year.

They said the OC official was asked to clarify his role in several contracts mainly related to overlays, hiring equipment and grant of work to a London-based company in connection with Queen's Baton Relay in 2009.

CBI officials said he was questioned on certain financial transactions made with CWG contractors and appointment of workforce for the conduct of the sporting extravaganza.

Union Sports Ministry has sacked Suresh Kalmadi and Lalit Bhanot from the post of Chairman and Secretary General in the OC to allow a fair probe.

The CBI has also arrested Shekhar, Personal Assistant of Kalmadi, in connection with the scam.

The CBI had earlier conducted raids at the residences of Kalmadi, Bhanot, Sacheti and Sangeeta Welingkar, member of the Games Image and Look Group.

The investigating agency has filed three FIRs in connection with alleged irregularities in the Games.

The CBI had filed two FIRs for the contracting of AM Films and cars/vans for the Baton Relay ceremonies by the OC in London. It arrested Joint Director General T S Darbari and Deputy Director General Sanjay Mohindroo for their alleged complicity in these deals.

Former OC head Kalmadi was also grilled by the CBI in connection with the scam.