1. Centre has decided to celebrate the 475th birth anniversary of Maharana Pratap, the 16th century Rajput ruler of Mewar, all over the country.
2. Rajnath Singh was addressing a gathering here in the Mewar region of Rajasthan where he was unveiling a statue of Maharana Pratap.
3. Rajnath Singh lauded Rajasthan government for taking a decision to teach school students more about Maharana Pratap
4. Singh furthe said that he will also speak to the HRD Minister so that Maharana Pratap valour and patriotism could be introduced in CBSE syllabus.
5. "Maharana Pratap became an icon for freedom fighters because his name evoked a strong feeling of love and sacrifice for motherland,” said Singh.
6. The Home Minister said our text books have not been able to fully recognise Maharana Pratap's contribution and significance in India's history.
7. "If Akbar can be called 'Akbar the Great' for his contribution, then why can't Maharana Pratap be recognised as 'Maharana Pratap the Great',” he said.