New Delhi: A day after twin blasts rocked Hyderabad, claiming at least 16 lives and leaving over 117 injured so far, a shocking revelation has come to fore which highlights a major lacuna in security apparatus.

Sushilkumar Shinde visits blast site

As per the reports, the wires of CCTV cameras installed in the Dilsukhnagar area, where blasts took place, were snapped four days before the deadly terror strike. This sparkling exposure clearly shows the amount of planning done by the perpetrators to shape the complete bloodbath episode.

In the wake of this revelation, it is significant to note that intelligence agencies had shared prior information about possibility of such attacks with Union Home Ministry after which all state governments were asked to be on guard. Despite this, it is surprising to know that local authorities failed to notice that CCTV cameras were nonfunctional.

Earlier on Thursday, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde has said that the government had received intelligence warning of blasts taking place in the country.

"We were receiving information for the last two days that such a blast may take place... we cannot speculate about the perpetrators at this point of time," Shinde had said.

Minister of State for Home RPN Singh also said that the government had got intelligence about the blast.

According to the security agencies, three people are suspected to be behind the deadly blasts. Among the three suspects are Tabrez from Azamgarh (UP), Vakar from Samastipur (Bihar) and Manzar who is the native of Jharkhand.

JPN/Bureau/Agencies

Latest News from India News Desk