Sukma (Chhattisgarh): Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Monday called an all party meet to discuss the further strategy and take stock of the current situation in the Sukma district collector’s abduction on April 21.

READ MORE: DC abduction: Maoists set April 25 deadline

 Trying best for DC’s release: Raman

Maoists had on Sunday demanded release of eight of their jailed leaders in Chhattisgarh and halt to ‘Operation Green Hunt’ in exchange for release of Sukma Collector Alex Paul Menon.

The Naxals have also set a deadline of April 25 before the government, after which, they would take a decision regarding abducted Collector in the people’s court.

Meanwhile, the Central Government has extended all possible help to the state government to resolve hostage crisis in the state.

“We are in constant touch with the state government. As per the latest reports, the Collector is safe and we assure his secure release. All possible help will be given to resolve the serious issue,” said Union Defence Secretary RK Singh.

The Chief Minister had earlier on Sunday formed a five member panel under his chairmanship to look into the current hostage crisis in the state.

The other member includes Home Minister Nankiram Kanwar, Tribal Welfare Minister Kedar Kashyap, Irrigation Minister Ram Vichar Netam, All Tribal Leaders and PWD Minister Brijmohan Agrawal.

The 32-year-old 2006-batch IAS officer was abducted on April 21 at Majhipara village in Raipur district where he was meeting villagers for a government outreach programme.

As per the police sources, the demands were made by an unidentified Naxal leader in an audio message to media organisations. However, the authenticity of the audio tape was still under verification.

According to the officials, the Naxals have demanded the release of their eight colleagues: Markam Gopanna alias Satyam Reddy, Nirmal Akka alias Vijay Laxmi, Devpal Chandrashekhar Reddy, Shantipriya Reddy, Meena Choudhari, Korsa Sunny, Markam Sunny and Asit Kumar Sen.

They also want anti-Naxal Operation ‘Green Hunt’ to be cancelled, security forces to be withdrawn from the region and persons against whom "fake cases" have been registered, released from jails, sources said.

JPN/Agencies