Betul (MP): Nearly 40 children fell sick after eating meal contaminated by dead lizard at two anganwadi (nursery schools) at village Bordehi in Amla tehsil of the district on Wednesday.

The condition of seven children was said to be serious. The anganwadis are run by the Women and Child Development Department of Madhya Pradesh. After eating, children started vomiting and complained of uneasiness.

They were first taken to Bordehi Primary Health Centre and later to government hospital in Multai town, official sources said. Those whose condition was serious were admitted to Betul district hospital.

The meal had been cooked by Goutami Self-help Group. The traces of dead lizard were found in the container of one of the children.

A Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) will conduct a probe into the matter.

(Agencies)

Latest News from Madhya Pradesh News Desk