Beijing: At least 14 people were killed and 13 others injured on Monday after explosions ripped through two fireworks factories in China. In the first explosion that took place at the Dongtun Fireworks Factory in Huaiyang county in central Henan province, seven were killed and 12 others injured, officials said.

Of the seven killed, five workers were killed at the spot and two died at hospital.

At the time of the blast, the workers were being involved in illegal production as the factory had been ordered to suspend production since the expiry of license, according to the statement.

The county authorities have ordered all local fireworks factories to suspend production to fix safety loopholes.

Earlier, an explosion at the Longfa Fireworks Factory in the city of Yichun in eastern Jiangxi province killed seven workers.

One injured worker is under treatment and his life is in no danger, the report said.


Latest news from World News Desk