New Delhi: Following is the chronology of the 2008 Aarushi murder case in which the Supreme Court on Friday gave green signal for conducting trial against her parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar:

May 15-16, 2008: Aarushi Talwar found dead with her throat slit in the bedroom of her flat in Noida.

May 16: Uttar Pradesh Police start probing the case and domestic help Hemraj (Nepalese national) suspected of murder.

May 17: Hemraj's body found on the terrace of Talwar's house.

May 18: UP Police say the twin murders were done with surgical precision, insider job suspected.

May 19: Talwar's former Nepalese domestic help Vishnu Sharma named suspect.

May 21: Delhi Police joins murder probe.

May 22: Talwars come under suspicion, honour killing angle probed, the police quiz Aarushi's close friend whom she spoke to 688 times in 45 days preceding her murder.

May 23: Aarushi's father Rajesh Talwar arrested for the two murders.

May 29: Notification issued to hand over the case from UP Police to CBI.

June 1: CBI takes over the probe in the case.

June 13: Domestic help of Rajesh Talwar, Krishna arrested by CBI.

June 20: Lie detection test of Rajesh Talwar conducted at CFSL, Delhi.

June 25: Second lie detection test conducted on Nupur Talwar. Her first lie detection test was found inconclusive.

June 26: CBI declares the case to be a "blind case". Rajesh Talwar refused bail by the special magistrate in Ghaziabad.

July 12: Rajesh Talwar freed on bail from Dasna Jail in Ghaziabad.

Feb 8-12: A Narco-analysis test on Nupur Talwar was done between February 8 to February 12 on CBI's plea.

Feb 15-20: A Narco-analysis tests on Rajesh Talwar was done between February 15 to February 20.

Dec 29: CBI gives up the case with a closure report. Clean chit given to servants but fingers pointed at Talwars.

Jan 25, 2011: Rajesh Talwar attacked in court premises.

Feb 9, 2011: Trial court rejects CBI's closure report and summons Talwar couple as accused to face charges of murder and destruction of evidence.

Feb 21: Couple approaches Allahabad High Court for quashing trial court summons.

Mar 18: HC dismisses their plea to quash summons and orders initiation of proceedings against them.

Mar 19, 2011: The couple approaches the Supreme Court which stayed the trial against them.

Jan 6, 2012: The Apex Court dismisses Talwar's plea and allows the trial against them.