New Delhi: Days after the government was hounded by criticism from various quarters over the suspected troop movements, Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanaswamy on Friday said that the row over the report is now ‘completely resolved’.

“The PMO and Defence Ministry have already made statements over the published report. The row is already resolved,” Narayanaswamy said.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in an attempt to clear the air on the contentious report published in Indian Express on Wednesday, had described the report as ‘alarmist’ and ‘absolutely baseless’.

Earlier on Thursday, Army Chief Gen VK Singh during his visit to neighbouring Nepal had dismissed the report by terming it ‘absolutely stupid’.
Moreover, Defence Secretary Shashi Kant Sharma and Army Vice Chief S K Singh, appearing before the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence, had said it was normal process of testing the preparedness of the armed forces.

According to the report, non-notified movement of two units of Indian Army has moved towards Delhi on January 16, the day when Army Chief General VK Singh approached the Supreme Court on his date of birth issue.

(JPN)