New Delhi: The car of the Israeli diplomat which was bombed on February 13 was on Tuesday allowed by a Delhi court to be inspected by an insurance surveyor to assess its damages for reimbursement.

While allowing the plea of Alon Yehoshua, the husband of Israeli diplomat Tal Yehoshua, for surveyor to inspect the car and assess its damages, Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav ordered for video-recording of the inspection.

"The applicant (Alon Yehoshua) is at liberty to get the vehicle inspected in malkhana of Special Cell with minimum intervention to the vehicle," the court said allowing the car to be inspected on May 10 between 3 pm to 5 pm.

The court also said the "video CD of the inspection shall be kept on investigation record," and directed that no copy of it be made public.

It also said a copy of the FIR cannot be supplied to Yehoshua for the purpose of insurance formalities as it is lying in a sealed cover in the court.

The plea was vehemently opposed by the Mehmood Pracha, the counsel for Journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in the bombing of the car.

The CMM said Kazmi's counsel would be at liberty to participate in the inspection process after he expressed his apprehension that "the Special Team investigating the matter might have already tampered with the car and in the garb of court's order, they may seek authorisation of their misdeeds."

The Special Cell had also opposed the plea for inspection saying the FSL report of the exhibits collected from the vehicle is awaited.

Yehoshua and an Indian driver had been injured in bombing of the car, executed by sticking a magnetic bomb to it on February 13.

Kazmi had been picked up by the police after the probe showed he had been in touch with a suspect who is believed to have stuck the magnetic bomb on the car.

Meanwhile, the court also dismissed Kazmi's plea for copy of applications and orders pertaining to his police and judicial remand and said the same may be supplied after the charge sheet is filed.

Public Prosecutor Rajiv Mohan had said the orders should not be supplied now as there is risk of their becoming public.
He had submitted that Kazmi himself is a press reporter and media is taking keen interest in covering every aspect of the case and the orders, if supplied, may become public.