While disposing of an application filed by the Delhi government seeking release of some of the documents seized by the agency during its raid on December 15 last year, Special CBI Judge Ajay Kumar Jain said, "directions have been given to release the documents".

"The application dated December 21, 2015 filed by the government of NCT of Delhi is disposed of. CBI is directed to release the documents in terms of para number 8 of the order," the judge said while pronouncing the order.

In its plea, Delhi government had also sought initiation of stringent action against erring officials responsible for raiding "malafidely the office of applicant and seizing documents which cause immense dislocation of work in the office of the applicant."

"The sole objective of the raid at 'said premises' was to malafidely intrude, obstruct and dislocate the work of government of NCT of Delhi as such and cause immense harm, juxtaposed with state's functions to secure societal reforms, welfare, security and privacy," the plea had said.

Latest News from State News Desk