Chennai: They are "concerned" after bomb blasts rocked Hyderabad, which is scheduled to host the second India-Australia Test, but Cricket Australia said there is "no reason to doubt" that the match would go ahead as planned.
     
"We will make assessments in time but at this stage there is no reason to doubt that what we have planned in Hyderabad will go ahead," CA CEO James Sutherland.
     
Hyderabad, which is scheduled to host the match from March 2, was rocked by two bomb blasts which have so far claimed 14 lives.
     
"Very concerned to hear that news but at the same time we are focused. On the management side, we will wait for the next few days and make any necessary assessments. But the focus here right now in Chennai is on cricket," asserted Sutherland.
     
Sutherland said it was too early to express fears as he is "comfortable" with the security being provided to the Australian cricketers.
     
"We work closely with relevant authorities in taking advice from them. I think it's premature to be making assessments on that (whether Hyderabad can host the match) but from where I sit right now, my expectation would be that everything will go ahead in Hyderabad as planned," he stressed.
     
"(I am) very comfortable (with security arrangements). From our reports after talking to our security guys, everything has gone absolutely to plan.
     
"We do our pre-tour visits and liaise with the relevant authorities. Everything has been mapped carefully and is going according to the plans," he said.

(Agencies)

Latest News from Sports News Desk