New Delhi: The Commonwealth Games Organisation Committee has sent its reply to the Sports Ministry on the Shunglu Committee report and sought to blame the jailed former OC chairman Suresh Kalmadi and other officials for large scale financial irregularities.

Sources said that the two-volume reply in about 1,000 pages has been sent and former top officials, including Kalmadi have been held responsible on various issues like ticketing, illegal inflated budgeting, Beijing Olympics Observer programme, appointment of consultant and recruitment scam among others which the Shunglu Committee had pointed out.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had on October 25 appointed a high-level committee to look into alleged corruption and managerial lapses in the conduct of the mega sporting event held between October 3-14 last year.

The Games organising body has also agreed to a CBI and ED probe into certain contracts executed by Kalmadi and his close aides in toto with the high level committee findings.

"We have sent our reply to the Sports Ministry," CEO of Games Organising Committee Jarnail Singh said.

According to the sources, there are many instances where Kalmadi and coterie of his officials have enjoyed monopoly in decision making and violated all norms while selecting a contractor.

(Agencies)