New Delhi, Feb 01 (Agencies): Reacting strongly on Shunglu Committee’s findings on alleged irregularities in giving broadcast rights of Delhi Commonwealth Games-2010, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday warned of stern action against the guilty.

"The Prime Minister has taken a serious view of the findings in the first report of the Shunglu Committee on Host Broadcasting," Media advisor to the Prime Minister, Harish Khare, said in a statement.

The report has been sent to Cabinet Secretary KM Chandrasekhar for "immediate examination".

"The Cabinet Secretary has been asked to submit his report within a week with his considered recommendation on the follow up steps. Stern action is likely to be taken on the basis of the Cabinet Secretary's recommendations," the statement said.

"Chief Executive Officer of the Prasar Bharti BS Lalli has already been suspended by the Government," it said.

The Prime Minister has extended till March 31 the term of the panel to submit its full report.

The Committee was set up by the Prime Minister on October 25 last year and asked to submit its findings on financial and managerial lapses within three  months. Former Secretary of Department of Personnel and Training, Shantanu Consul, is also a member of the panel.

READ MORE: Shunglu Committee indicts CEO, DG

BJP demands action against bureaucrats

The Bharatiya Janata Party on Tuesday demanded early prosecution of Prasar Bharti officials found guilty by the Shunglu Committee for allegedly causing a loss of several crore rupees to the exchequer during Commonwealth Games.

“Now prosecution should be sanctioned against the officers whose names have appeared. It has been proved that loot has taken place in the organising, infrastructure and telecast dealings," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters here.

He alleged that it was the "specialty of the UPA government to sanction higher bills to make money."

Questioning the delay in prosecuting the officials, he demanded immediate filing of the FIR against the accused.