New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday directed the DDA to frame a comprehensive policy to deal with the cases of applicants, who were injured in September 7 blast when they had come to court to attend hearing of a PIL in the Rohini Housing scheme case.

A bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justice Sanjiv Khanna directed the housing agency to treat the cases of the blast victims separately.

"The persons who had applied for plots under the Rohini Housing Scheme in 1981 and got injured in the September 7 Delhi High Court bomb blast shall be treated separately by DDA," the bench said, while directing the agency to come out with a comprehensive policy for the blast victims.

The order of the bench came on a submission by DDA's counsel Rajiv Bansal that it had come to the department's knowledge that some applicants, who had approached the court for hearing of the PIL had received injuries in the blast and that the department is going to consider their cases on an out-of-turn basis.

Meanwhile, petitioner Rahul Gupta, who had received minor injuries in the blast, informed the court that he along with three other applicants had come to the court on the day of the incident.

He also said that the leg of one of the four applicants had to be amputated and DDA should consider his case at the earliest.

Taking a serious view of the submissions made in the petition that 25,000 applicants have been waiting for their plots for the last several years, the court asked DDA as to how it would compensate the applicants, now that it would charge them the price prevailing on the day of the allotment.

"Tell us how do you want to properly compensate the applicant who have been waiting for past several years," the bench asked and directed the civic agency to file an affidavit with the details of the number of plots it has carved out for allotment.

To this, DDA's counsel told the bench that 60 per cent demarcation has been done and remaining 40 per cent would be done within a week.

Earlier, the High Court had come down heavily on DDA for delay for over 30 years in allotment of plots to 25,000 home seekers.

The court was hearing petitions of various applicants, including P K Choudhary who alleged that 25,000 people had applied for middle-income, low-income and Janta (poor) category plots of the housing scheme in 1981.

Earlier, the bench had questioned as to how DDA could undertake various other housing projects, carry out draw of lots and even hand over many LIG and MIG flats to cooperative group housing societies in Rohini after 1981.

The DDA had in its affidavit told the court that it would give physical possession of the plots to successful applicants within one-and-half years and that the lay out plans, regarding 21,328 plots, at various residential pockets in Rohini have already been approved by a screening committee.

(Agencies)