"We recovered three more bodies from the debris of the building last night and search is on for more," Ashok Menon, in-charge of rescue operation, said on Wednesday.

He said the rescue operations had been continuing manually after buildings adjacent to the site tilted.

The demolition of these buildings is likely to start from Wednesday, he added.

More than 40 people were trapped under the debris when the under-construction five-storey building caved in on Saturday afternoon.

Police had arrested Deputy Town Planner Prakash Bandodkar on Monday night in connection with the collapse. However, Municipal Engineer Ajay Desai and three directors of a property firm (Bharat Realtors and Developers), constructing the structure, are still untraceable.

(Agencies)

Latest News from India News Desk