Jammu: Another mail was received by media houses in Mumbai and Delhi purportedly written by "Chotoo" of Indian Mujahideen who claimed responsibility for the Delhi High Court blasts and warned that another blast will take place at a shopping mall.

The mail sent from "chotoominani5@gmail.com" was received at 12:37 PM claiming that Harkat-ul-Jehadi Islami had no role to play in the blasts and it was done by the Indian Mujahideen.

READ MORE: NIA declares Rs 5 lakh reward

READ MORE: PM declares aid to Delhi blast victims

The mail also reasoned that they had chosen Wednesday as the day of the blast as it was the busy day for the High Court and there is a lot of crowd. The Delhi High Court hears Public Interest Litigation on Wednesday.

The mail claimed that another blast will take place at a shopping mall.

"We are examining the email received by the media houses about its authenticity and veracity and (we are) taking it seriously," Secretary (Internal Security) in the Home Ministry U K Bansal told reporters.

Security agencies including National Investigation Agency (NIA) are looking into the mail but serious apprehensions were being raised whether this was a genuine mail or a prank being played by somebody.

Sources said as of now nothing was being left to chance and the origin of the mail was being ascertained and, if need be, the service provider Google would also be contacted.

However, the mail does not resemble the earlier mails sent by Indian Mujahdieen which has claimed responsibilities for blasts in Varanasi and Delhi.

The fresh mail comes a day after Harkat-ul-Jehadi-Islami (HuJI) claimed responsibility for the blast which killed at least 12 people and injured over 70, according to email sent to some media houses purportedly by the Bangladesh-based terror group.

 "We own the responsibility of today's blast at the High Court, Delhi. Our demand is that Afzal Guru's death sentence should be repealed immediately as we would target major High Courts and the Supreme Court of India," the HuJI email said.

Delhi blast: Missing car may hold clue

Investigators probing the Delhi High Court blast were on Thursday looking for a car reported missing two years ago but spotted near the site minutes before a powerful bomb exploded, killing 12 people and injuring over 90.

A day after the bombing, security officials said the silver Santro DL9CA-6034, owned by the National Insurance Company, Daryaganj office, was reported missing in 2009.

The vehicle was spotted in the national capital on August 26 when the driver of the car was fined for the violation of a traffic rule. However, traffic police did not realise then that it was a missing car, according to officials.

The car again surfaced mysteriously near the court complex around 10 am on Wednesday morning, some 15 minutes before the explosion.

Later, it was reported to have been seen near the T3 terminal of the Indira Gandhi International Airport.

Delhi residents Santosh Kumar, 50, and his son Ankush Sharma, 25, reported that they were driven to the airport from south Delhi's Bhikaji Cama Place in the car, said Rohit Katiyar, spokesperson of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).

When they reached the airport, the driver, who identified himself as Air Force Wing Commander (Retd) Naresh Jain, handed to them a small bag containing some clothes and told them to wait till he returned after parking his car.

But the man disappeared and is understood to have fled with the car, Katiyar said.

After waiting for some time, the father-son narrated the incident to the CISF personnel, who look after security at the airport.

The CISF officials immediately called a bomb disposal squad and started looking for the car in the vicinity of the airport complex, fearing that it may have been parked somewhere with explosives, said Katiyar. But the car was never traced.

The father-son duo have been handed over to Delhi Police for helping draw a sketch of the man who drove the car. Investigators don't rule out the possibility of the vehicle being used as a getaway car for the bombers.

Investigators launch hunt for owner

Investigators probing the Delhi High Court blast have zeroed in on a Patna-based man and have launched a hunt to nab the owner of a car which is suspected to have ferried the perpetrators.

"The car's owner has cheated a few people and they have told the investigators that the face of the car owner resembles the sketch of a suspect released," official sources said.

The car has been traced to Faridabad neighbouring Delhi and efforts were on to trace the owner of the vehicle, they said.

"Another man from Patna who was arrested on charges of using a stolen ATM card is being interrogated by the joint team led by NIA," they said.

Meanwhile, Delhi Police and National Investigation Agency (NIA) teams met Delhi High Court Chief Justice Dipak Misra and discussed with him measures to beef up security in and around court premises and installation of CCTV cameras, metal-detectors and other security gadgets.

The sources said the government has also decided to hand over to NIA the case relating to the May 25 low-intensity blast outside the Delhi High Court.

HuJI mail traced to J&K, 5 detained

Investigators have traced the HuJI email claiming responsibility for the blast outside the Delhi High Court to a cybercafe in Kishtwar and detained five persons in this connection including the cafe owner.

READ MORE: HuJI claims responsibility, police releases sketch of suspects

Cyber cafe owner Mehmood Aziz Khawja and four others were picked up for questioning in connection with the mail, police said.
The others have been identified as cyber cafe owner's brother Majid and their domestic help Ashwani besides Imran and Ashiq Hussain.
A team led by Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG), Kishtwar-Doda-Ramban range, Muneesh Sinha along some computer experts quizzed them for several hours at Global Cyber Cafe at Sheedi Chowk in Kishtwar.

DGP Kuldeep Khoda earlier said, "We are investigating the email link from Kishtwar district in connection with the Delhi blast".
The email was sent from a cyber cafe in Kishtwar from the address harkat-uljihadi2011@gmail.com.

Asked about the communication received by TV channels, Director General of NIA S C Sinha had said, "It is too premature to comment on the HuJI mail but we are looking at it seriously because HuJI is a very prominent terrorist group which considers India as target number one."

Delhi Police has in the past arrested several HuJI militants from the national capital.

Death toll rises to 12, 4 critical

A 40-year-old man, injured in the blast outside the Delhi High Court, died at a hospital here on Thursday taking the toll to 12 while the condition of four of the victims continued to be critical.

Pramod Kumar (40), a resident of west Delhi's Hari Nagar, breathed his last at the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital on Thursday morning, hospital and police officials said.

A high intensity briefcase bomb ripped through the crowded reception area in the High Court on Wednesday. 75 people were injured in the blast that took place between Gate No.4 and 5 when around 200 visitors, mostly litigants, were waiting in queue to get passes to enter the premises.

Out of the 57 injured admitted to RML hospital, two were later transferred to AIIMS. Four blast victims have been admitted to AIIMS.

Around 12 patients are recuperating in RML's surgical ward, 19 are still in the ICU and two are at the new nursing home, according to hospital officials

"The hospital will provide all care and facility that is needed for the victims. If needed, experts from outside Delhi will be roped in for the treatment of victims," said Sunil Saxena, CMO of RML.

Delhi Police has released sketches of two people suspected of planting the bomb in a suitcase outside the court, just two km away from Parliament House.

The sketches of a 26-year-old and a 50-year-old man were prepared following the description provided by some eye- witnesses who claimed that they have seen a person in white shirt with a briefcase standing in the queue for entry passes.

The probe into the blast was handed over by Government to the National Investigation Agency(NIA) whose Chief S C Sinha said a 20-member team headed by a DIG has been formed.

Home Minister P Chidambaram said the blast was of "high intensity" and called it a "terrorist attack".