New Delhi:  A Delhi court on Wednesday disposed of a petition by arrested journalist Syed Mohammad Kazmi in which he alleged that officials of a "foreign agency" had interrogated him over the bomb attack on an Israeli embassy car here.

Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav said the special cell of Delhi Police in its reply has denied that any foreign investigative agency had interrogated Kazmi.

The court agreed with police that Indian officials have to cooperate with other countries, as terrorism has become a global phenomenon. The court added that the reply filed by the police is not specific about the probe agency of any country, yet it is expected that the special cell will not permit other probe agencies to interrogate Kazmi.

Police had said that foreign investigating agencies can be allowed to interrogate suspects if required under law.

The court also did not allow Kazmi's counsel Vijay Agarwal to be present when the journalist was questioned. However, Kazmi's counsel was allowed to meet him for half an hour.

"As regards not wearing the khaki uniform by the investigating officer and his team is concerned, considering the fact that the officials of the special cell with particular and specific nature of duties assigned to them may not wear the uniform, but that does not absolve them from their responsibility to wear their clear identification tags," said Yadav.

The petition was filed by 52-year-old Kazmi last week. Hailing from Meerut in Uttar Pradesh and a resident of Delhi, Kazmi was arrested this month on charges of allegedly collaborating with Iranian suspects who are said to have carried out the bombing.

Four people were injured when the car of an Israeli diplomat's wife was struck by a bomb here on February 13.