The airline's Chief Operating Officer Sanjiv Kapoor said that the Directorate General of Civil Aviation's decision would "aid cash flow and the revival process".
DGCA had earlier restricted SpiceJet to take advance bookings only up to March 31, following financial crisis in the airline, which led to cancellation of its flights in large numbers and curtailment of operations.
The summer schedule of the airlines in India commences from March 29 and lasts up to October end.
Last week, SpiceJet board had approved a proposal that promoter Kalanithi Maran would transfer ownership, management and control of the airline to original founder Ajay Singh as part of plans to revive the ailing carrier.
The airline also submitted a "scheme of reconstruction and revival" for the takeover of ownership, management and control of the airline by the new promoters to the Civil Aviation Ministry for its approval.
"The Ministry has given its initial go ahead to the plan, and it has now been referred to Security and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) to examine whether the Rs 1,500 crore capitalisation by the new promoters in the airline triggers an open offer," official sources said.
The approval has been accorded in line with the foreign direct investment cap for the sector, they said.
As part of this plan, the new promoters may acquire up to 58 per cent in the airline.

Latest News  from Business News Desk