Says an insider, "Last Monday, the crew members had been asked to submit their passports and other documents for the UK visa stamp. However, a few days later, they were informed that they will not be going there. The makers are now eyeing other locations, including Mauritius, that have the visa-on-arrival system."

The source adds that a brief schedule in Mumbai will precede the overseas shoot, stating: "The film will start rolling here around August 12 and once that's wrapped up, we will most likely fly to Mauritius and a few other places where the production cost does not affect our budget. Some portions will also be shot in his hometown, Ranchi."

The project, which stars Sushant Singh Rajput as the Indian cricket skipper, apparently has a budget of Rs 80 crore while Dhoni is said to have been paid around Rs 40 crore to lend his life to the big screen.


On June 2, hitlist had reported how the much-delayed film had run into a hurdle as the makers wanted to keep the budget in check. They were then in negotiations with the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) for footage from cricket matches — the latter had quoted Rs 15 crore to provide the same.


Pandey and the makers of the film remained unavailable for comment.

 

 

Latest news from Entertainment News Desk