New Delhi: Delhi Metro has fast-tracked work on the crucial link that connects the capital with its satellite city of Faridabad by floating tenders for all nine stations on the 14-km corridor that is expected to benefit thousands of people in the National Capital Region.
The fully-elevated corridor, the longest Metro line in the NCR, will be constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 2,533 crores by 2016 when the Delhi Metro's Phase-III is expected to be completed.
The Badarpur-Faridabad link is an extension of the existing Central Secretariat-Badarpur corridor and will be integrated with it after completion.
With an aim to complete the corridor well ahead of schedule, Delhi Metro has floated tenders for construction of all nine elevated station buildings including architectural finishing, water supply, sanitary installation and external development work.
Three separate tenders have been issued for construction of these nine stations.
The Metro corridor till YMCA Chowk in Faridabad is the longest Metro expansion taken up in the NCR region so far by the Delhi Metro.
The route length of 13.875 kilometres will put Faridabad ahead of Gurgaon (7.5 km), NOIDA (7) and Ghaziabad (2.57).
Once the corridor becomes operational, Faridabad will become the fourth satellite city in the NCR to be connected through Delhi Metro network.
The link is expected to benefits thousands of people who commute to Delhi and back everyday and also others in the NCR.
Sarai, NHPC Chowk, Mewala Maharajpur, Sector 37 A, Badkal More, Faridabad Old, Ajronda, Faridabad New Town, YMCA Chowk are the stations on the corridor, which was cleared by Empowered Group of Ministers in August, 2011.
While 80 percent of the project cost will be borne by Haryana Government, the remaining 20 percent will be funded by the Delhi Government
Besides, the Delhi Metro has also floated tenders for construction of boundary wall and land development work of Metro Depot at Ajronda for Badarpur – Faridabad Corridor.
Tenders for construction of viaduct including ramp for Badarpur-Faridabad Corridor has also been issued.