New Delhi: The hair fall can get worse in summer due to harmful sun rays, sweat and humidity which can lead to a bad hair day and cause long-term damage. A little preemptive care is all hair needs to.
With the rising temperature, it's the time when the wise thing to do is to spend a few minutes taking care of your locks and prevent damage. Here are a few tips to protect your hair.
- Summer may make hair extra dry and frizzy. Try and control hair from becoming too frizzy by tying it up. Use the hot months to show off your hair in different styles, from braids to ponytails to updos, knots and buns. Not only does it keep your hair protected from frizz, but also reduces the sweating.
- Chlorine in water can damage your hair. Use a shampoo that contains ethylene tetra-acetic acid. This will remove any harmful effects of chlorine that the water may have.
- Best way to screen hair from the scorching sun is to use a scarf, bandana or an umbrella whenever you step out into the sun.
- Never forget to use an after shampoo or a leave-on conditioner. Get an SPF conditioner.
- A hot oil massage once a week may do wonder for your hair's health. It is also known to rejuvenate growth.
- Don't brush too hard. Use a wide toothed comb to detangle your hair once it is dry after a wash.
Latest News from Lifestyle News Desk