It was announced after a board meeting in Dubai last month that a new ICC executive committee would be established to include representatives from the ECB, Cricket Australia and the Board of Control for Cricket in India.
However, the plan has received widespread criticism with some suggesting the 'big three' will take over at the expense of the other cricketing nations.
"The ICC need to go to market this year with their broadcast and sponsorship rights for the period 2015-2023," Clarke told the ECB website on Tuesday.
"The ICC president (Alan Isaac) asked India, Australia and ourselves ... to come up with a proposal that will guarantee the participation of all nations in those events (because without that guarantee the rights would be seriously devalued) and at the same time benefit all countries. That is what we have done."
Clarke, ECB chairman since 2007, denied that only Australia, England and India would benefit from the changes.
"The perception is completely wrong, All countries earn more through this proposal. No one doubts that India's contribution to world cricket is extremely important and that should be recognised," he said.
"However, it was interesting to see that both West Indies and New Zealand were quick to point out the advantages to them,” he said.


Latest News from Sports News Desk