The Uruguayan scored 31 times to help Liverpool into second in the Premier League.
     
Now with Barcelona, the 27-year-old shared the award with Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo, who ended the campaign with the same tally.

Suarez, who is due to end his four month World Cup biting ban against Real on Saturday week, said: "I want to thank all the most important people in my life, my wife and my children.”
     
"And of course everyone at Liverpool - all my colleagues, not just last year but over the whole three and a half years I was at the club. They were spectacular years and it was thanks to this man here (Dalglish) that they signed me, that they noticed me,” he added.
     
"Now I am moving on to a new period, and I have to enjoy this next stage of my life - it is a dream come true,” he further said.
     
His former boss at Anfield Dalglish was asked how he though Suarez would get on at the Nou Camp.
     
The Scot replied: "I don't think there will be anybody who will be able to stop him. He has been fantastic everywhere he has been - a huge success and fabulously entertaining. There is no reason why he won't continue that for Barcelona.”

"But if he does hit a problem, I'm sure we can take him back on loan,” he added.
     
Asked if he was 100 per cent ready for the Real match, he said: "If you had asked me that a week ago, before the two games with Uruguay, I may have had doubts.”
     
"But I have played in those two (friendly) games and I am probably in better condition than I thought I was. So I think I can say now, yes, 100 per cent, I am ready to play,” he added.

Latest News from Sports News Desk