Bhopal: A fire broke out on Sunday on the fourth floor of the Satpura building adjacent to the Madhya Pradesh Mantralaya here but was soon brought under control.

The incident took place around 1100 hours.

Fire brigade sources said that by the time their team could reach the place, employees of the technical education department had switched off electricity supply because of which the fire did not spread.

Official records on the fourth floor are safe as fire on electricity wires was brought under control and there was no loss of any kind.

The reason behind the fire in not known yet and investigations are on, although it appeared that a short circuit could have caused it, fire brigade sources added.

(Agencies)


Latest News from Madhya Pradesh News desk