In the wake of all the achievements, let us have a look on some of the interesting facts about Sania: Also read:
1. She started playing at the age of six when her father quit his career in journalism to train his talented daughter. His hardwork has definitely paid off.
2. By the age of 20, she had earned three extremely prestigious sport awards and titles. She won Arjuna Award in 2004, WTA 'Newcomer of the Year' title in 2005 and Padma Shri in 2006.
3. The proceedings of her marriage were as dramatic as a Bollywood movie. She got engaged to her childhood friend Sohrab Mirza but an unexpected turn of events saw her getting married to former Pakistan cricket team captain Shoaib Malik. Very few people know that dowry in her marriage was staggering Rs 61 lakh.
4. She plans to work in 'comedy nights with Kapil' after retirement, apart from becoming a commentrator.
5. Sania and her Swiss partner Martina Hingis won 10 titles together in 2015 which includes Wimbledon, US Open and the year-end WTA Finals in Singapore.
Sania Mirza Tennis Academy to host exhibition match between star pairs
Richest athletes in India apart from cricketers
It's been an amazing year for me, says Sania Mirza
Latest News from Sports News Desk
In the wake of all the achievements, let us have a look on some of the interesting facts about Sania: