A Casa military aircraft will begin surveying the area from this morning, the French government said in a statement. The search will also be stepped up with foot patrols, helicopters and maritime units, it added.
    
"Any discovery will be immediately made available to the investigation," said the joint statement by the French ministers of defence, transport and overseas territories yesterday.
    
Separately, local authorities for the island district where the first piece of debris was found said they would organise a thorough search for other parts from the plane starting Monday.
    
The renewed efforts to hunt for MH370 wreckage came after Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak announced that a two-metre-long (almost seven-foot) wing part that was discovered on French Reunion island last week was confirmed as coming from the missing aircraft, the first physical proof it met a tragic end in the Indian Ocean 17 months ago.
    
"It is with a very heavy heart that I must tell you that an international team of experts has conclusively confirmed that the aircraft debris found on Reunion island is indeed from MH370," Najib said earlier yesterday.

 

Latest News from World News Desk