Additional Sessions Judge Yashwant Kumar fixed March 4 for order after the Delhi Police and Kanda's counsel concluded their submissions.
The police, during the argument, opposed the bail plea of Kanda saying that he may influence the witnesses and tamper with the evidence.
Additional Public Prosecutor Rajiv Mohan claimed Kanda had given false documents related to treatment of his wife at a government hospital in the national capital to secure bail.
The prosecution’s claim was opposed by Kanda’s counsel who told the judge that it is a typographical error and if the police want they can verify from the hospital.
Kanda had approached the court on February 17 seeking bail on the ground that he has to look after his ailing wife.
He said he is under judicial custody for the last 18 months and the probe into the case has also been completed.
Kanda's counsel had told the court that the charges of sexual exploitation have been dropped against him by the Delhi High Court and earlier bail applications of his client were rejected on the ground that there were serious charges of sexual exploitation against him.
Kanda had surrendered before the police on August 18, 2012, while Aruna Chadha, Kanda's employee and co-accused in the case, was arrested on August 8, 2012.
The High Court had recently granted bail to Chadha.
The trial in the case had begun on May 27 last year when the court recorded the statements of eight witnesses, including police personnel and the doctor who had conducted the postmortem of the victim.
Chadha and Kanda are accused of abetting the suicide of the 23-year-old former air-hostess, who was earlier employed in Kanda's MDLR airlines.
Both the accused have also been charged with forgery for cheating and harming the reputation of the victim.
The air-hostess was found dead on August 5, 2012 at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi. In her suicide note, Geetika had said that she is ending her life due to ‘harassment’ by Kanda and Chadha.


Latest News from India News Desk