New Delhi: The Chinese technology company Gionee has launched its W909 clamshell Android smartphone in China. The handset is available for pre-orders at CNY 3,999 (approx. Rs 41,000).
Following are the specifications of the device:
- The Gionee W909 runs Android 5.1 Lollipop and supports dual-SIM functionality.
- It includes two 4.2-inch HD (720x1280 pixels) resolution IPS display, with the outer display featuring a 2.5D glass.
- The smartphone is powered by an octa-core MediaTek MT6755M processor
- The device is clubbed with 4GB of LPDDR3 RAM.
- The smartphone bears 64GB of inbuilt storage, of which 52GB is user-accessible.
- The built-in storage can be expanded via microSD card (up to 128GB).
- The Gionee W909 bears a 16-megapixel rear camera with phase detection autofocus (PDAF) and LED flash, along with a 5-megapixel front-facing camera
- On the connectivity front, the flip phone supports 4G LTE networks, along with Bluetooth v4.0, GPS, Wi-Fi, and USB Type-C connectivity.
- Backed by a 2530mAh battery, the W909 on paper can deliver up to 29.7 hours of talk time and 408 hours of standby time.
- It measures 124.1x62.8x16.5mm, weighs 207 grams, and features a fingerprint sensor at the back that can unlock the handset in 0.38 seconds.
Since the Gionee W909 carries a flip phone design, it also has T9 keypad with physical buttons to navigate, launch the camera and more, besides having an on-screen keyboard. It is only available in Rose Gold colour variant. The Gionee W909 one of the first flip phones in the market to come with a fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C port, and dual touchscreens as well. It sports a metal build and houses some high-end specifications under-the-hood.