New Delhi: Tracking a firming global trend amid pick-up in buying by jewellers, gold further rose by Rs 70 to Rs 25,600 per ten grams at the bullion market today.
- Silver followed suit and gained another Rs 50 to Rs 33,850 per kg on increased off-take from industrial units and coin-makers.
- Globally, gold climbed 0.4 per cent to USD 1,070.36 an ounce in Singapore.
- In the national capital, gold of 99.9 percent and 99.5 percent purity rose further by Rs 70 each to Rs 25,600 and Rs 25,450 per ten grams respectively.
- Sovereign remained steady at Rs 22,200 per piece of eight grams in scattered deals.
- Silver ready edged up by Rs 50 to Rs 33,850 per kg and weekly-based delivery by Rs 10 to Rs 33,945 per kg.
- Silver coins were unaltered at Rs 47,000 for buying and Rs 48,000 for selling of 100 pieces in restricted activity.
Latest News from Business News Desk