New Delhi: Gold prices rose by another Rs 80 to Rs 25,820 per ten gram at the bullion market today, tracking a firm global trend amid wedding season buying by jewellers as well as retailers. Silver followed suit and traded higher by Rs 250 to Rs 34,400 per kg on increased offtake by industrial units and coin-makers.
- Globally, gold traded a shade higher at USD 1,071.50 an ounce in Singapore.
- In the national capital, gold of 99.9 percent and 99.5 percent purity rose by Rs 80 each to Rs 25,820 and Rs 25,670 per ten grams respectively.
- Sovereign, however, remained steady at Rs 22,200 per piece of eight grams in limited deals.
- Tracking gold, silver ready rose by Rs 250 to Rs 34,400 per kg and weekly-based delivery by Rs 395 to Rs 34,030 per kg.
- Silver coins were unchanged at Rs 48,000 for buying and Rs 49,000 for selling of 100 pieces in restricted activity.
Latest News from Business News Desk