- Silver, however, ended stable at Rs 34,000 per kg in scattered deals from industrial units and coin makers.
- Globally, gold traded at steady at USD 1,088.68 an ounce in Singapore.
- The government yesterday raised the import tariff value on gold to USD 354 per 10 gram and on silver to USD 457 per kg as per global price trends.
- In the national capital, gold of 99.9 and 99.5 per cent purity fell further by Rs 35 each to Rs 26,350 and Rs 26,200 per ten grams, respectively. The precious metal had lost Rs 165 yesterday.
- Sovereign, however, remained flat at Rs 22,300 per piece of eight gram.
- On the other hand, silver ready held flat at Rs 34,000 per kg, while weekly-based delivery recovered by Rs 45 to Rs 34,045 per kg.
- Silver coins traded at previous level of Rs 49,000 for buying and Rs 50,000 for selling of 100 pieces.
Latest News from Business News Desk